- Selection, transport, storage, installation, maintenance and repair of a propeller shaft require specialist knowledge and may only be carried out by experts.
- The EC-Machine Directive must be observed.
- The most important safety notes in the text above are marked .
The following should also be noted:
- The operating data established in selection of the propeller shaft, such as torques, rotation speeds, deflection angles, lengths, temperatures etc., must not be exceeded.
- The delivery state of the propeller shaft must not be modified.
- If people or safety-critical components such as electric leads, brake lines, hydraulic pipes or fuel pipes are in the tangential area of the propeller shaft, where necessary covers or protective brackets etc. must be fitted or equivalent security provided by appropriate engineering measures.